The 2 week window for applying directly for guaranteed tee-times on the St Andrews Old Course in 2023 began today, 24 August.
The official name for these times on the Old Course are Private Advance Tee Times.
For those who wish to be assured of a guaranteed St Andrews Old Course time in high season next year, and book their golf trip themselves, this route is the only option.
The alternative route for guaranteed times in high season (17 April to 15 October 2023) is to book a package with an Authorised Provider of Old Course tee times. These are mostly tour operators, along with some St Andrews accommodation providers. Tour operators start booking their Old Course guaranteed packages from Spring the year before play and will expect golfers to book a full golf package that extends beyond the Old Course, including accommodation and normally ground transport arrangements.
To request a private advance tee-time for 2023 all the details are on the St Andrews Links Private Advance Tee Times website.
The St Andrews Links Trust accepts applications via an online form on above website between 10 am BST on Wednesday 24 August until midnight BST Wednesday 7 September. All the applications received are put in a lottery and golfers find out during October if they have been successful. Payment is not required until a time is offered.
Key points of the Private Advance Tee Time applications are:
- The handicap limit for playing the Old Course is 36.
- All golfers are required to have a valid handicap certificate that can be presented to the Starter prior to play.
- All applications must be for the Old Course plus a second St Andrews Links course
- Single golfers can request Old Course times through this route but only between 17 April and 31 July and their second course must be the Castle Course.
- A minimum of 2 golfers is required for tee-times on all other dates, and a maximum of 8 golfers per application in high season.
- Multiple applications with the same golfers are not permitted
- All golfers' names must be included on the application and the name of the person chosen as the 'lead golfer' can not change. Two free name changes can be made per group.
- The cost for an Old Course advance time in 2023 is £550 per person, including the second course.
- You may nominate up to 3 different date ranges when your group is available to play.
- Payment once made is non-refundable.
View more details and the application forms on the St Andrews Links special Private Advance times website.
- Booking the St Andrews Old Course
- How does the St Andrews Old Course daily ballot work?
- Single golfers on the Old Course
- Walk-up times on the St Andrews Old Course
- Suggested accommodation in St Andrews
Published: 24 August 2022