Golf Passes, or combined green fee deals, offer savings for playing multiple courses, normally in the same area.
If your Scottish golf trip is going to take in two or more courses fairly close to each other you may find there are savings to be made. There are two types of Pass:
1. Set price Golf Passes, or combined green fee deals, that cover the costs of play on all of the golf courses included.
- The great value Arran Golf Pass costs £120 for play on each of the 7 courses on the Isle of Arran.
- The Ayrshire Golf Pass costs £180 to play each of Kilmarnock Barassie, Irvine and Prestwick St Nicholas – weekdays only. The Ayrshire Golf Pass Plus adds Dundonald for a total cost of £305.
- Brora and Golspie offer a combined ticket for play on the same or consecutive days at a cost of £140.
- The Gailes Golf Experience is £340 for play at each of Dundonald, Gailes Links and Western Gailes.
- Links With History is a combination of 4 historic Fife golf courses, Crail, Ladybank, Lundin and Scotscraig, offering reduced green fees for bookings of 2 courses or more at the same time. Fees for 2 courses are £140, 3 courses £210 and 4 courses £280.
- Nairn Dunbar offers combined tickets with several nearby courses including Elgin, Inverness, Moray, and the Championship course at Nairn Golf Club for savings over the individual green fees.
- The West Perthshire Golf Pass is £55 for three rounds from a choice of 5 beautiful 9 hole courses.
2. You purchase a Pass and then benefit from a discount on the green fees at participating courses.
- The Dornoch Firth Golf Pass covers the Struie course at Royal Dornoch, Brora, Golspie and Tain. The initial cost is £20 then a 25% discount applies on the green fees at each course.
- First in Fife is an online booking service for 17 golf courses in Fife, aimed principally at group bookings. Discounts start at 5% for up to 8 rounds booked at the same time, rising to 25% discount for 41 rounds or more.
- North Coast 500 Golf Passport costs £20 and offers savings on green fees at 17 golf courses along the North Coast 500 route.
- Royal Deeside Golf Ticket Purchase a 3 day ticket for £90 or a 5 day ticket for £150. You then pay £30 for each round you play at each of the 5 participating courses - Aboyne, Ballater, Banchory, Braemar or Peterculter. The ticket must be downloaded and printed from one of the participating courses.
For all golf passes do work out how much you are going to play and if the pass you purchase will save you money overall.
Some small print:
We believe we have listed above all the options currently available in Scotland, and aim to present up to date information, but offers do change and may vary from what we've outlined above.
Published: 01 March 2022